SIEF gathers every two years for its international congress, where colleagues engage with one another's work and enjoy each other's company. The SIEF congress is an intellectual festival where we showcase the state of the art in our fields and a ritual time in the academic calendar, crucial for building professional networks, hatching collaborative projects, finding inspiration, and cultivating friendships. Between congresses, SIEF's numerous working groups provide platforms for critical debate, networking, and exchange of information; they organize their own meetings and sponsor publications.
SIEF has two professional journals: Ethnologia Europaea, a printed subscription-based journal that all members receive by mail twice a year, and Cultural Analysis, an Open Access journal published online. In addition, SIEF communicates with members through its website and with two newsletters sent out every year.
The annual membership fee is €35. If you opt to pay for two years membership in one go, we offer a discounted price of €67. By becoming a member, you help keep SIEF going as a strong professional organization, you participate in the SIEF community, and you can shape the future of our fields.
Specifically, membership gives you the right:
- To present at the biennial SIEF International Congress and take part in the conversations that move our fields forward
- To set up and participate in SIEF Working Groups
- To attend other SIEF events
- To compete (and propose your candidates) for the SIEF Young Scholar Prize
- To look up the contact details and academic interests of your colleagues in the SIEF members directory
- To vote at General Assemblies and in online votes
- To elect the Executive Board
- To stand for election to the Executive Board
- To receive the biannual SIEF journal, Ethnologia Europaea
- To receive the biannual SIEF Newsletter
- Support Open Access to backlist issues of Ethnologia Europaea
- Support Open Access to all volumes of Cultural Analysis (associated with SIEF)
Applications will be for membership starting in 2017.
To apply for membership, you will have to enter contact details, then select one year's or two years' subscription.